Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Add Color







I painted this still life a few weeks ago. When I started painting 10 or 15 years ago, I started with stuff like this. I've always loved the fact that you can make simple fruit look so dreamy. I followed the familiar color palette to create them. They looked OK and when I looked at them I thought they were good. But something just bothered me. They looked plain. So I decided to add more color. After a little work with some water soluble crayons, they look so much better and more exciting! It makes me think about complacency. We get used to things looking and being a certain way. If we "just add color" to other things ... how much more exciting would our lives be? So I think I will look around and see where I can "add some color".

No comments:

Post a Comment